Sunday, August 26, 2012

Smellin' Oh-So-Good!



A few weeks ago, I’ve started to notice that Gabbie is, well, bigger already. His skin is not of a newborn’s anymore and with the amount of sweat that he generates (amazing how much babies can sweat!), his usual sweet baby smell now usually combines a more sour note (Haha! I can imagine his reaction to this post when he’s 18 years old already) by the time afternoon rolls around. I have been trying to find him a new baby soap that has a bit more fragrance but still mild, gentle, and toxin-free. Still no to parabens or coloring or any other unnecessary additives for this momma (and her bebe)! And let me tell you, it’s not easy looking for a good brand that’s affordable. I stumbled across Mustela in one kiosk at the mall and tried out their cologne on Gabbie while malling. The scent was mild, sweet, and very baby-like, I loved it instantly! But when I found out how much their liquid soap cost, I decided not to ask about the cologne. First things first. But I decided to hold off on Mustela then and tried to look for other less costly alternatives.

A couple of days ago, I got invited to a press lunch for Mustela, organized by the uber-chic momma website Glam-O-Mamas, http://glamomamas.com/. And I thought, well this is the perfect opportunity for me to finally try the brand without “committing” first. Mustela is a French brand of mother and baby skin care line, boasting of natural, plant-based ingredients. They call their baby skin care line Mustela Bebe.

Mustela Bébé products are hypoallergenic*, well tolerated, tested under dermatological control and are paraben-free, phthalate-free, phenoxyethanol-free and alcohol-free.”—according to their website.

And here’s one particularly great news for all mommas: they’re pulling down their prices from 15% to as much as 35% off! After the lunch, I went home with a Mustela lootbag, excited to try the soap and cologne on Gabbie. Here are three of my favorites:

Mustela Dermo-Cleansing Gel 

– It’s lush, soap-free, and sweet-smelling. Gabbie was all the more soft and squeezable after bath! I used it as shampoo too and worked just as well. If you’re prepared to shell out a bit more, I think this is a good buy as you can use just a little bit for baby’s whole body. The gel consistency made soaping easier and I suppose because it’s free from harsh chemicals, it rinsed out pretty easily.

Mustela Cleansing Milk 

– Very, very luxurious cleansing agent perfect for baby’s skin! It felt like whipped cream that I slathered on Gabbie, and when I finally rinsed it out, oh my! He felt like a newborn again! So soft and supple! This did not smell like the cleansing gel; instead, it smelled mildly of milk so it still fit baby’s natural scent. It’s not very lathery though so I tended to use a lot but I would think this is best for sensitive areas.

Mustela Body Spray 

– As I mentioned above, I really loved this product. The scent is very mild yet distinctive; as if it attached to Gabbie’s natural scent and enhanced his baby smell all the more. He smelled so good, I wanted to bite him! And the scent lasted practically the whole day, too.

They also have their Stelatopia line for dry and eczema-prone skin and sun protection. I’m excited to try their sunscreen for my little one. I think every mom would appreciate Mustela, as it really took to heart what baby skin care means—safe, gentle, toxin-free, and non-irritating. Plus, their products that do contain fragrances smell absolutely heavenly. Super bagay sa baby! I’m thankful to have been able to try their products, and I do love how Gabbie's skin feels and SMELLS like. Now, his baby scent lasts all day long, no matter the sweat. Great products, Mustela. Good one to try, Mommas. 

No comments:

Post a Comment