Thursday, May 23, 2013

Grateful Mom’s Great Picks Round 2

So, here it is again. Here goes a roundup of my favorite mom-approved, baby-friendly products that works great and costs less than you would’ve imagined.

1.   Alba Botanica Natural Very Emollient Sunscreen for Kids (SPF 45)
Stumbled across this when I was searching for a safe sunscreen for my one year-old baby. All-natural, paraben-free, 100% vegetarian ingredients and glides on easily and smoothly. It’s safe to use even on my baby’s face so I use it on mine, too. Smells great and leaves skin super moisturized. I love it! Best of all, it’s only P375 at Healthy Options.




2.   Tiny Buds Rice Powder
The heat in this country is astounding and I can’t go anywhere with my baby without a fan on the other hand. Baby powder used to be my go-to summer savior but with scientific research suggesting that talc is dangerous for a baby’s lungs, I searched for a better solution. This is it. Though more expensive than regular powder brands, I found that one small bottle of this brand lasts me for about four to five months anyway so it’s worth it. P99 at Rustan’s.



3.   Human Nature All-Natural Spray Sanitizers
This is my all-around, anti-germs solution. I use it on my, and baby’s hands when there’s no sink and water nearby. I spray it on restaurant high chairs, grocery carts, toys and everywhere else. It’s proven to kill 99.9% germs and is 100% natural. Once, Gabbie’s eyes accidentally got sprayed on and it didn’t hurt him! We have this in all of our rooms and in our bags all the time! Available in three different scents and costs from P59.75 to P174.75 at www.humanheartnature.com



4.   Wescobee Apple Cider Vinegar

This one’s not for baby yet (at least, not until your pediatrician says so and besides honey shouldn’t be given to babies one year below for risk of botulism). At the first sign of colds or cough, I take a spoonful or two and I find that I lose the signs and symptoms before the day ends. Since I’m breastfeeding, I’m very careful with taking in medications and I try to go for natural remedies instead. This discovery is a staple in our home. It tastes fantastic as a salad dressing, too! Costs about P275 at Robinson’s Supermarket.


No comments:

Post a Comment