Thursday, July 26, 2012

"Delinquent" Days


There are lazy days too, believe it or not. These are days when I just refuse to rush and just go with the flow. 2pm lunches, Gabbie bathing at 330pm, extended playtime, going out for leisurely walks while the house is in disarray…you know what I mean. I feel really grateful to be able to enjoy such days and feel that there’s nothing to be guilty about.

Back in my corporate days, I was an efficient machine, all geared up to get several things running and delivered on time. I hated being late and I was always working. I also missed out on quality time with loved ones and on daylight (since I was in the office all day plus overtime). I was tired all the time and never allowed myself some quiet time.

Thank God that season is over! And what perfect timing too, now that I am married and I have a baby. Everyday spent with them is truly a cause for celebration because it could easily be another nine-hour stretch of time spent behind a cold, cluttered desk. I know a different season may arrive sometime soon—one that may see me busier and possibly more involved elsewhere besides homemaking. But things are different now. It is no longer I who navigate my life, it is the Lord. I choose it to be His responsibility now. Clearly, He’s way better at it. His timing is perfect and His ways far wiser.

For everything there is a season,
 a time for every activity under heaven.
A time to be born and a time to die.
 A time to plant and a time to harvest.
A time to kill and a time to heal.
 A time to tear down and a time to build up.
A time to cry and a time to laugh.
 A time to grieve and a time to dance.
A time to scatter stones and a time to gather stones.
 A time to embrace and a time to turn away.
A time to search and a time to quit searching.
 A time to keep and a time to throw away.
A time to tear and a time to mend.
 A time to be quiet and a time to speak.
 A time to love and a time to hate.
  A time for war and a time for peace.
 What do people really get for all their hard work? I have seen the burden God has placed on us all. Yet God has made everything beautiful for its own time. He has planted eternity in the human heart, but even so, people cannot see the whole scope of God’s work from beginning to end. (Ecclesiastes 3:1-11)
11 am: Taking fun shots
2 pm: Playing with Gabbie during lunch prep
5 pm: Eating faux banana cream pie from bananas, whipped cream and raisin cookies

No comments:

Post a Comment