Tuesday, July 24, 2012

What’s To Be Grateful For On An Exhausting Day?


It’s 7:45 PM and I was looking at a stack of unpacked groceries on the floor and a sink full of dishes since breakfast. With an addition of dinner to prepare and nine kilos of fresh laundry to put away, I was looking at a busy night ahead. It’s one of those nights where exhaustion has gotten the better of me and there’s just so much more to do. To top it all off, Gabbie was in one of his “carry-only” moods. With no way to get started on anything, I started to trudge back to the bedroom with him, too tired to even try.  My hubby Mike was in the other room, working. I knew he was busy, but I had to ask.

“I need help”, I said bleakly.

After a few minutes, he got Gabbie and I was face to face again with my daunting kitchen.  45 minutes later, I had dinner all prepared and the dishes washed. I was starving. Gabbie was still in a cranky mood and squirmed in my arms. My husband, God bless him, took our baby and just let me eat. Oh, what joy! To eat peacefully with two of my hands. After dinner, my husband said the sweetest thing.

“I’ll take care of the dishes.”

He even mopped the floors, wiped the stovetop and cleaned the rice cooker (it was begging for it).

So back to my title. I’ll give you one guess J

That day is over, and I know I’ll have one of those again sometime. What is worth noting, however, is that I’m not alone in my homemaking tasks. I’m blessed to have a husband who has a heart to help around the house (and who doesn't give me a hard time when lunch is served at 2 PM already). Praise the Lord! J

No comments:

Post a Comment